The TWRP recovery is an amazing tool for android users. It enables a door for so many features and customization to your device. People all over the world search about TWRP recovery. And many of us do not know what exactly TWRP recovery is. I have tried to remove the confusion today. I tried to give the full definition of TWRP and the benefits of installing it, and the full process to install it very easily using your PC/Laptop. I tried to keep the post straightforward and simple; I hope you will like how I explained the process.
What is TWRP Recovery?
The full form of TWRP is Team Win Recovery Project. TWRP is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android devices. This has just been made to help to customize Android mobile. Your device can be updated using TWRP recovery easily. Android users can install custom ROMs and update their operating systems by TWRP recovery. TWRP gives you touch screen recovery mod support.
When you enable a normal recovery mod of your android device, you can see that the touch is not working. You have to scroll up and down by clicking the volume button. That means you can very easily install any custom ROM on your android device via TWRP. You can also take a backup of your stock ROM on your device. So you can restore that stock ROM later if you want to do so. These are the basics of the TWRP recovery mode. There are some advantages and disadvantages of the TWRP mode. But disadvantages do not bother many of us because of the benefits we get from it.
How to Install TWRP Recovery On Your Phone
Here I’ll show you how you can install TWRP recovery on any android phone. By installing it, you can enter into an amazing source of customizing your android. You can install custom ROMs, take backups of stock ROMs, and many other features. So let’s start the process of installing TWRP recovery on your android device.
Requirements Before Starting
Before we start installing TWRP on your android, please make sure that you have completed these steps successfully. These are the necessary things to do before we get started. You have to make sure that you have done all of these.
- Taking a full backup of the device before flashing TWRP is strongly recommended.
- You have to Charge your phone fully before we get started.
- If you want to flash TWRP recovery, you have to enable OEM unlocking and make sure to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Download and install USB drivers on your PC. (search on Google by typing like this ”demo s7 USB driver for pc)
- You need to download install ADB/Fastboot tools on the PC.
- You have to download TWRP recovery. img file from TWRP.ME into your PC
- Now you have to open the folder where your TWRP Recovery .img file is saved.
- Then you need to open a CMD window inside that folder. To do that, Shift + Right-click on any empty white space inside the folder, and then you have to select Open command window here.
- Now connect your Android smartphone to the PC. And then type this following into the command window to boot your device into bootloader/fastboot mode:
|adb reboot bootloader|
If it is asking for permission to “Allow USB debugging,” click on OK.
- Once your smartphone boots into bootloader mode, type this following into the command of your pc.
|fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img|
- Now you have to modify here twrp. img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file.
- And then, after the TWRP is successfully flashed on your device, type the following final command to reboot your device.
Leave a Reply